Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Freakin' End

Dear friends, enemies, and biddies,

I write to you with mixed emotions today, because today is the end of Biddie Lifestyle. After a lot of contemplation, I have decided to move my passion for blogging to a new platform for several reasons. 



Life in the real world does not lend itself to daily opportunities to observe the biddie lifestyle. No longer can I lovingly judge every girl in the campus Starbucks while simultaneously gathering material for my blog. While I see plenty of biddies at nights and on weekends, my days are now spent in a cubicle, avoiding the crazy person who sits next to me and hoping my boss doesn't ask me to design another thing in Microsoft Word. Nay, I haven’t grown up, but my life is changing and I think it’s only healthy to start fresh, rather than try to make Biddie Lifestyle something it’s not: boring and adult. It’s like when I try to make one of my bodycon skirts acceptable for office wear: it could work if paired with a frumpy sweater and eight hours of pulling it down to knee-length, but it’s best if I just head to the Loft buy a new skirt.

Not to get sappy, but thank you all for your support. What started as a pet project…is still a pet project, but I truly thought I would be the sole reader (and yes, I would laugh at all my jokes). Since October 2011 I’ve amassed more than 60,000 page views and 900 unique visitors per month. Sometimes I reflect sadly on how much money I could have made had my AdSense privileges not been taken away from me after I asked people to click repeatedly on the ads (word of advice to any budding bloggers out there: don’t do that).  I've had a great time blogging here and hope you found it remotely entertaining.  In commemoration of the last two years, I've compiled a list of my personal favorite posts, which you can read now, some day when you're putting off studying, or never.




THE GOOD NEWS

I hope you decide to follow me on to Casual Thursdays, my new internet home.



It is my goal to keep the sass (read: offensiveness) and to not become one of those mom-blogs with picture diaries of my recent shopping trip. If you’re interested in keeping up with all the weird shit I think about, my personal transition into the real world, and my struggle to learn WordPress, come along, I’d love to have you. If not, I hope you get genital warts.

To all the biddies out there: peace, love, and vodka. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment