|Me and my main biddie Caroline in our matching-ish shoes.*|
I never really stress over new years resolutions. On a serious note, I think that if you want to make a change in your life you just do the damn thing instead of waiting until a really anti-climactic holiday (don't get me wrong though, there's nothing I love more than watching an over-sized disco ball descend slowly from the New York City sky whilst crammed between 2 couples making out). People always talk about how the previous year is going to be blown out of the water by the new one but let's be real, it's probably going to be about the same. Yes, there will be high hopes, well-intentioned self-improvement plans, and an influx in gym membership over the next couple of weeks but these will fade once the WORST MONTH EVER (February) arrives and we're all depressed from Vitamin D deprivation.
However, there are a few things I'd like to see in 2012:
- Less pop culture dealing with Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler.
- More Ben and Jerry's flavors.
- More bikers wearing helmets (seriously!!!).
- One snowpocalypse that results in 1 week of missed classes and maybe an igloo, followed by the immediate arrival of spring.
- A constant 75 degree temperature from February to May.
- A visit from extra-terrestrials.
- As always, I am really pulling for a ghost encounter. This might be my year.
- A really weird celebrity couple, for example Ruth Bader Ginsberg and Lil Bow Wow.
- A comeback by Lil Bow Wow.
- More prank wars.
- More donations to the Help a Sista Out Foundation (all proceeds go to me, I accept cash, PayPal, your parents' credit cards, diamonds, or candy canes).
- Less pictures where I think it's cute to do this: *